Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Food Day

Pink Junk


1 can cherry pie filling
1 container cool whip
1 can eagle brand milk
1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)


Mix well and refrigerate



Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Boil and shred a package of Chicken Breast ( I try and do the day/night before so I only have to assemble the night I want to eat these)

Combine in a large sauce pan:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can rotel
1 8oz. container of sour cream (I usually use a 16oz. container and put in a little more than half)
1 to 11/2 cups of milk

Stir and bring to a simmer-then I take a package of flour tortillas and add them one by one to the mixture just to coat and soften-fill them with your chicken and cheeses (Monterey jack and cheddar shredded)-roll up and place in your casserole dish. Continue this until all of the tortillas are gone or you run out of room:)

Then pour the remaining mixture over the top of the tortillas-I add more cheese at this point. Cover and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. They will be hot when you take them out so let them cool just a little bit. I usually serve with salad and Spanish rice-You can change it up however you like, but it's always been a hit when I make it.....

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Mmmm - they both sound delish but I am such a sucker for any type of Mexican food ; ) Thanks for the recipes!!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity