Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just Braggin'

I am so proud of this shirt! I made this for Lucas from a men's XL t-shirt and pieces of ribbing from another shirt, both bought at a thrift store for .50 each. It is completely upcycled from previously worn fabric and I have no more than $1 in the whole shirt! I used the tutorial from MADE to create my own pattern from a shirt Lucas currently wears and then cut out the pieces and stitched it up!

While the tutorial says 90 minutes, it took me closer to 3 hrs since I had to cut the pattern first. And, of course, it didn't happen all in one night. I am addicted to these now! I'm ready to start my next one but have to round up some more knit fabric to work with.

2 comments:

Trace and Sarah said...

LOVE IT! That is so cute, and I bet he looks adorable in it, I may have to try it.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm so impressed! It turned out great.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity