Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Growth Update

Both kids had check-ups today. I'm right on time for Lucas but about 3 months late for Lillian. Oh, well...better late than never.

You will not be surprised when I tell you Lillian is off the charts for height and weight. She weighs 58 lbs and is 51 1/2 inches tall. Doctor's recommendation was to "keep a ball in her hands at all times because if she has any athletic ability at all, she'll be a coach's dream". Perfectly healthy in every way! We can't go anywhere without hearing comments about her height. I smile and shrug. What do you expect? There are tall genes running through both families. I just wish I could have a dollar for every comment because buying clothes for the child is expensive!

Lucas is still running average in size. He weighs 30 lbs and is 36 inches tall- exactly the same as Lillian at this age. Because the comparison charts are different for boys and girls, his size is not extraordinary. I've been told to take a boy's height at 2 1/2 and multiply it to guess his adult height. If he grows 2 inches in the next 6 months (highly possible), that will put him at 6'4". No short children for us!

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is tall! Sophie is 10 1/2 and I think shes about 53" and 50 on a good day. But she's always been a shrimp.

There's a website somewhere that will calculate your child's future height. Google it. =)

Anonymous said...

I meant to write 50 pounds. Sorry!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity